What is a Cloud Desktop?
The Cloud Desktop is a type of internet hosting service where your business applications and files are delivered securely over the internet. All of the hardware and software is managed in our secure data center and paid for on a monthly basis. This service requires no servers to purchase, implement, maintain, monitor or backup. All IT infrastructure necessary for 100% reliable and secure data processing is included and any application that runs on a Windows desktop or server (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 2003, 2008, 2012) will work on our cloud desktop.
What are the benefits of the Cloud Desktop?
1. Reduced Capital Costs. Instead of investing in IT hardware every three to five years, your IT infrastructure becomes an operating expense, reducing up-front capital investment. Plus, if the equipment breaks, needs repairs or maintenance, you don’t incur additional charges.
2. Predictable Cost Model. Cloud Desktop’s fees are billed as a monthly flat fee so you can easily predict costs, making budgeting for IT expenses simple.
3. Time Savings. The learning curve for new hardware is eased. You no longer need to spend time and energy to understand and manage new hardware that would typically be placed on your own network.
4. Scalability. Having a Cloud Desktop allows you to easily scale your infrastructure as your business grows. You can add or remove capacity and users as your needs change, paying for only the resources you use.
5. Improved Performance. The Cloud Desktop runs on the latest enterprise grade server hardware. Leveraging server grade hardware will outperform local PC based hardware and you will no longer have to worry about virus infected or older PC hardware effecting the performance of your applications and data access.
6. Technical Support. Support is at your fingertips and is provided by a staff of highly skilled engineers that are intimate with your Cloud Desktop so problems are solved quickly.
7. Single Partner. With the Cloud Desktop, you don’t have to worry about managing vendor relationships for standard hardware and software. We provide this for you so you never have to be bothered. And, we have a complete set of IT services so you can “future-proof” your solution.
8. Controlled Access. The Cloud Desktop environment offers top-notch security with the latest comprehensive gateway security. Disruptions to your desktop applications and data will become a thing of the past.
How do you access a Cloud Desktop?
Connection to the Cloud Desktop is done from any internet connected device (including PC’s, laptops, ultrabooks, netbooks, tablets or smart phones) using the Remote Desktop App that can run on any Windows, Apple or Android based operating systems.
Can I print from my Cloud Desktop to my local printer?
Yes. Any printer that you can print to locally you can print to from the Cloud Desktop.