Remote Monitoring and Management
The promise of any IT solution should be to provide users with a completely reliable and robust experience when accessing their applications and data. With every company’s growing dependence on their IT solutions, this promise is essential for profitable operations. What is NetFidelis doing to ensure our customer’s IT systems are delivering on this promise?
Delivering on the Promise
The answer is our advanced Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) solution. Our RMM is a software-based solution that provides complete visibility, in real time, of the health and status of all components of your network – 24 x 7. We have up-to-the-minute information concerning all critical components and rule based processes to ensure any corrective actions are taken if needed.
How it works
Our Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) solution provide both agents based, and network based monitors. Based on your network setup these monitors are set up with specific alarms to ensure all systems are operating within an acceptable range.
Standard Server Monitors
To provide a cost-effective solution, we have developed a standard set of monitors to ensure critical network resources are running within a predefined range. Just a few of the monitors are listed below:
- System Online. We will know the instant a server is not available to the network. An alarm will be raised notifying all concerned parties, including our network operations center so the necessary and timely response can be provided.
- Free Disk Space. Server disk space is probably the most volatile resource. Ensuring and tracking disk usage in essential to providing reliable server operations. Knowing when your disk space reaches certain thresholds will ensure proper planning, and maintenance is performed for continuous operations. Our standard monitors alert us when disk usage reaches 10%, 5%, 2% and 1% free space. We have found these thresholds to provide adequate advanced notifications for management.
- Drive Errors. All server disks should be redundant in the form of a RAID array. And, server disks should be enterprise capable with S.M.A.R.T technology to provide warning of possible failure. Either way, our Drive Error monitor will alarm if any set of conditions are met indicating future disk failure.
- Low Resources. User experience is affected by three specific server resources – CPU, Memory and Disk performance. Our standard monitoring ensures these resources are running within an optimal range.
- Log Events. Most system software applications will provide a log of any issues that have arisen. Sometimes these log events are sublime but through experience, we have found some events to be critical to the ongoing health of the server. Our monitoring solution will give us proactive visibility of events that could impact server reliability and performance.
- Server Services. There are many services that are being provided by server resources that are not being used 24 x 7. It can be very frustrating for a user if the service they need is not available. This monitor ensures all critical services are running and allows the support team time to respond if a service is stopped for any reason.
- Backups. Hopefully, everyone has scheduled backups for their mission critical data. But how do you know if they are running successfully? What good is a backup plan if the backups are not running. This could be caused by a number of issues, and it is critical for support staff to resolve them quickly. Our tool specifically monitors the backup systems to ensure they are running and available for restore.
- …And MANY more!!
It is possible that our standard monitoring tool set does not meet the unique needs of a customer’s specific mission critical server. Our RMM tool and experienced engineers can create virtually any monitor to ensure ALL necessary server functions are working as designed.
- File Queue. Many enterprise systems process incoming messages in the form of email and faxes. From time to time, they may have an issue that causes them to stop processing files even though the service is running. Wouldn’t it be great to know if the incoming queue is beginning to build up? We can easily create custom monitors to ensure data is flowing.
- VPN Status. Working with external partners in a secure manner usually means implementing a VPN. Ensuring the VPN is 100% operations for a successful partnership requires knowing the instant the VPN is not available.
- …And MANY more…really no limits!
For any engineer, quickly resolving an issue means having the necessary device details AND historical data to determine the exact cause of the issue. This is extremely important with network resources since they are complex, intimately tied together and run in real time. Our RMM database maintains all the details of each server, AND the results of ALL monitored aspects of our servers and networks indefinitely, which allows our engineers the ability to see into the past for determine the cause of the issue.
Reporting is a critical function of management to assist in making better decisions. Our comprehensive set of daily, weekly and monthly reports gives management a clear set of data points to determine the performance and reliability of their network. This is helpful in the continuous improvement process to determine how past decisions have effected current performance and reliability.
Snapshot of server management report page.